Thursday, March 28, 2013

Nik

For those of you that haven't used Nik it is awesome! and it is only $149 for the whole set now. I acquired Nik software a while after my JMT trip and I used Silver Efex Pro to make a bunch of black and whites. After showing a few of my JMT photos at the Ward talent show I had a few requests to see some color versions. So I am in the process of running a bunch through Color Efex Pro. On the trail about (240ish miles) there wasn't a lot of time to stop and make/wait for the perfect exposure due to time, weather, light, millage goals and so on, that is where Nik comes to the rescue in my opinion. It can really help turn your picture itno something amazing. Here is a little example of what Nik can do.
P.S. keep an eye out for a new post about the JMT with my color images.

Before Nik:

After Nik:

Without the detail slider...for Mike. Because it is a little over done..

No comments:

Post a Comment